The Federal Government is providing financial assistance to people in education or vocational training in the form of a one-off energy price allowance (Energiepreispauschale EPPSG)
Who is eligible to apply?
Under the Students’ Energy Price Allowance Act (Studierenden-Energiepreispauschalengesetz – EPPSG), the following groups can apply for the one-off payment:
Students in higher education who
- were matriculated at a higher education institution in Germany on 1 December 2022, and are resident in Germany.
- Students at trade and technical schools (Fachschulen) and full-time vocational schools (Berufsfachschulen) who were enrolled at an education or training establishment in Germany on 1 December 2022, are resident in Germany,
- are enrolled in a course which lasts at least two years and leads to a professional qualification, or are taking a course for which a prior professional qualification is an entry requirement (students at trade and technical schools (Fachschulen) only).
- Students enrolled in comparable courses, subject to the specified conditions.
There are several steps you can already complete now in order to speed up the application process. This site sets out all of the key information and answers: https://www.einmalzahlung200.de/eppsg-en
What can I do now?
There are several steps you can already complete now in order to save time later:
To log in, you will need a BundID account, which you can create now. To prove your identity, you will also need:
- Your electronic identification (eID). You can use the eID function of your German identity card, your electronic residence permit, your eID from your EU home country, or your eID card issued to EU citizens by the German authorities (Unionsbürgerkarte).
- Your personal ELSTER certificate
To use the eID function, you need a modern smartphone and an identification app, such as AusweisApp2.
Further information about the BundID account and the eID function is available in the FAQ. https://www.einmalzahlung200.de/eppsg-en/frequently-asked-questions
If you are unable to provide electronic proof of your identity, you can alternatively use your access code in combination with a PIN. You can get both in NEO. After logging click under "Profil" and then under "Zertifikatsschlüssel”
If you have any problems with the application process, please first read the FAQ at https://www.einmalzahlung200.de/eppsg-en . If you have further questions, please contact the support for applicants at www.einmalzahlung200.de/kontakt . In case of technical errors, it is helpful to provide screenshots.
The Student Admission Office is responsible for the procedures involved in starting and completing your study at the HfWU Nuertingen-Geislingen University.
If you need specific information on admission and course guidance, please contact the Program Manager of the respective study programs.
You can print out enrolment certificates and change postal addresses through Studierendenportal SELMA.
If you are a student and want to finish your enrolment at our University you can de-register online at any time.
Usually, deregistration takes place at the end of the next semester (end of winter semester: February 28/29, end of summer semester: August 31) after you have completed your studies (passed your main exams). However, you can also deregister on any date between the application date and the end of the next semester. It is not possible to deregister on a date in the past.
It is common for students to deregister themselves at the end of their studies. If you do not do this, we must deregister you ex officio to the next semester end.
- You can already deregister online at the end of the semester.
- If you are currently in the examination process and wish to deregister, e.g. to circumvent the contributions, please enquire at your examination office about the consequences for your examination entitlement before deregistering. The Student Administration Office cannot answer such questions.
Application for deregistration
- Submit the discharge note to the university library (Nürtingen: firstname.lastname@example.org; Geislingen: email@example.com). With the discharge note you prove that you have no (more) outstanding debts with the university library.
- Submit the de-registration request online and upload the completed and signed de-registration form.
- You will need the deregistration certificate, among other things, if you want to enroll yourself at another University.
If you have already paid fees, please visit the following website for information about a reimbursement: www.hfwu.de/en/studium/financial-issues/
Please apply for a semester of leave online via the student portal SELMA
Also note that proofs must be uploaded to an semester of leave of absence. Proofs that you need to upload will be displayed when you submit your application.
You have received a certificate of de-registration and the certificate for purposes of statutory pension insurance (pension certificate) by mail. If you no longer have one of these certificates, a duplicate can be issued. A duplicate for statutory pension insurance purposes is subject to a fee.
Please read through the application for a duplicate and send us the completed form with your signature by e-mail for Campus Nürtingen to firstname.lastname@example.org or for Campus Geislingen to email@example.com.