1. Inform yourself about the admission criteria and application deadlines
Before applying please inform yourself about all the documentation you are required to submit. You can find this information under “Admission Criteria”. You will find the corresponding winter and summer semester deadlines under “Application Deadlines”.
2. Fill in the official application for admission to NGU using the online-application portal of uni-assist e.V.
You will find the online-application portal through the following link: https://www.uni-assist.de/online/hfwu-nuertingen-geislingen/?lang=en
All applications are processed by uni-assist free of charge.
3. Send the required documents to uni-assist e.V.
In addition to the online-application the following documents have to be sent as hard copies by mail to uni-assist e.V.:
- Printout of online-application for admission with date and signature
- A certified copy of your degree (or a certified copy of your academic performance to date)
- A certified copy of your school leaving certificate?
- Proof of work experience
- Complete curriculum vitae
- Evidence of proficiency in English for non-native speakers;
- If evidence of proficiency in English has not been submitted by the closing date for applications, a placement test can be taken at the university within the scope of the entrance exams. It remains the decision of the program direction whether an English test is offered.
- Applicants from China, Vietnam and Mongolia: Original certificate as issued by the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) at the German Embassy.
Please upload these documents to uni-assist. Remember to also send them to uni-assist in paper form by mail. As you can see above, some of the documents can be sent as regular copies, others have to be certified.
The signed print out of the online-application for admission and the other required documents have to be received by uni-assist by the closing date. Please note: applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The address is:
c/o uni-assist e.V.
4. Attending the entrance exam
A maximum of 60 applicants are allowed to take part in the entrance interview after successful application. Invitation is based on a ranking list determined by the final grade of the first degree course. You will be informed about your individual date via e-mail.
During the interview (appr. 15 minutes), applicants are required to demonstrate their basic understanding of the subject as well as their work experience and their motivation for this course. A maximum of 30 points may be awarded for the basic understanding of the subject, a maximum of 50 points for work experience and a maximum of 20 points for motivation. The Admissions Committee may decide to carry out the interview by telephone (telephone interview, video interview etc).
The GMAT (https://www.mba.com/) is not mandatory. It will, however, replace the entrance interview if you have scored a result of at least 500 points.
5. Feedback on your application
After you have attended the entrance interview, you will receive feedback by e-mail within a period of two weeks.
6. Registration at the university
If your application is successfull, you will receive a letter of admission informing you about how to register at the university. Information on the current registration and tuition fees can be found here: https://www.hfwu.de/en/studium/finanzielles/
There are no tuition fees for EU citizens, for NON-EU citizens the tuition fees are 1.500 € at the moment.
7. Login data for the online systems of the NGU
You will receive your login information at the beginning of the semester.
Download the step-to-step application process infographics.
Welcome to the MBA International Management in Nürtingen!