To continue your study each semester you have to pay the fees that arise with their study. This also applies to students who are in a practical semester, a semester abroad or a semester on leave.
In case of a re-registration after these periods an additional late fee (€ 15.00) has to be paid. The reminder will be sent to your HfWU email address. A missing re-registration leads to an exmatriculation ex officio (§ 62 (2) No. 4 LHG).
For summer semester: 15th January to 31st January
For winter semester: 15th July to 31st July
The period for the payment and payment methods of the fees can be found under the category "Re-registration".
Part-time Degree Programs charge a special tuition fee. Separate regulations apply here.
... you will receive a reimbursement of the semester contribution (and tuition fees, if applicable). Please submit the application for refund below and your StudiCard. The semester begins on March 1 for the summer semester. The start of the winter semester is September 1.
- the refund of administrative costs of € 70.00 is possible. The same rule is for people who have to pay tuition fees. Please submit the following Application for refund.
- the refund of the Studierendenschaftsbeitrag (10,00 €) is possible. The same applies to persons who are liable to pay tuition fees. Please contact regarding the refund by mail to vs@no spamhfwu.de.
- In order to receive a refund of the Studierendenwerk fees, you must submit an application to the Studierendenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim. Other deadlines apply here, which you can find on their website. A copy of the notice of exmatriculation must be submitted with the application. We are not responsible for the refund and cannot influence it.
You can find the official start of lectures on www.hfwu.de/service under the category "Semestertermine & Blockzeiten".
We do not accept applications received by email. Please submit the application by post or in person with your original signature.
The most important source of funds to finance the studies is the Ausbildungsförderung nach dem Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz (BAföG, "The German Federal Training Assistance Act")
An Application for a training grant is therefore certainly worthwhile and recommendable.
- General information about BAföG
- Application forms, application assistant and BAföG forms
- Information flyer
Contact person BAföG in Germany for HfWU students
Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts
All students must have health insurance for the entire duration of their studies, as the universities are obliged to register the insured students with the relevant health insurance funds in accordance with § 200 Para. 2 SGB V in conjunction with the Student Health Insurance Registration Ordinance (Studentenkrankenversicherungs-Meldeverordnung). The insurance can be taken out through a statutory or private health insurance fund.
- If you are insured with a statutory health insurance provider,
you must provide proof.
- If you have private health insurance or if you have health insurance abroad (for yourself or as a family member),
you have to provide proof that you are exempt from statutory health insurance.
In both cases, please contact your statutory health insurance provider (if you have one) or an alternative statutory health insurance provider and inform them about our registration number (“Betriebsnummer”): H0002042.
Your insurance status will then be sent to us directly.
- If you are over 30 years old, you are exempt from this obligation.
HfWU must be notified immediately if you change health insurance providers. Please urgently contact your newly chosen health insurance company and inform them of our company number H0002042. Your insurance status will then be automatically transmitted to us.
An accident that has occurred in connection with the operation of a university as well as an accident on the way home (i.e. between the university departments, on the way to the university and on the way home) can be reported using the form that you can find on our university pages regarding occupational safety under Aktuelles/Notfall. The university will report the accident to Unfallkasse Baden-Württemberg via the university. This will then clarify the further details with you.
For practical study semesters abroad and study semesters abroad, private accident insurance must be taken out. Accidents during this period are not covered by Unfallkasse Baden-Württemberg.