open/close menu

History

copper engraving

Nuertingen-Geislingen University can look back on almost half a century of proud tradition. Founded in 1949 as a College of Agricultural Engineering, it was converted into a University of Applied Sciences in 1972 and later got its current name "Nuertingen-Geislingen University (NGU)".

Today, the degree programs have been greatly enhanced by the strong core competencies in business, economics and environmental studies prevalent at the university.

Nuertingen-Geislingen University offers a number of innovative bachelor and master degree programs at its campuses in Nuertingen and Geislingen. The programs gained outstanding recognition in various German university rankings.

Furthermore, NGU has bilateral agreements with more than 50 universities abroad. Our students are prepared for international assignments through courses in English and international guest-lectures and we are very pleased to welcome students from our partner universities.

Exchange students can choose from a variety of courses offered in English.

An Institute for Applied Research (IAF), experimental and research gardens plus several other research institutes and transfer centers for business consulting complete the university´s infrastructure. They support the university´s on-going commitment to applied research and development.

 
 
p0: 644
p1: 4108
p2: 3482
uid: 4145